SUPERVISOR, BLOCK PLANT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
Responsible for supervising production to produce a quality product at acceptable cost levels. Responsibilities include the efficient and effective utilization of human resources, plant and equipment.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
* Hire, train and supervise an adequate number of employees to meet the needs of plant operations
* Based on sales and inventory needs, schedules block plant production
* Insures proper maintenance of plant production equipment to minimize lost production time. This includes maintaining adequate spare parts inventory.
* Orders raw materials to meet production and inventory needs
* Insures safe work practice by all block plant employees
* Insures that production meets or exceeds established quality standards
* Maintain positive customer relations by responding to, and resolving complaints
* From time to time, may be requested to assist other block operations employees to solve complaints
* Perform routine mechanical/electrical repairs and preventative maintenance
* Perform troubleshooting and problem solving as needed
* Prepare daily production reports, down time reports, and other paperwork as required using CEMEX required computerized forms and systems. Responsible for filing and documentation systems
* Order supplies, parts, and materials required for operations
* Perform moisture analysis on aggregates daily, adjust mixes for moisture content
* Batch and adjust mix designs as required
* Train and cross-train plant personnel as required
* Perform plant startup and closing procedures
* Responsible for maintaining quality block production
* Performing bulk and physical inventories
* Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
* Associate degree and/or equivalent in related areas
* 5 years experience in a production supervisory role
* A working knowledge of all aspects of control circuits
* Metal fabrication (welding and cutting)
* A basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic controls and assemblies
* Knowledge of mix design and material requirements
* Basic OSHA requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Good communication and human resources skills are required
* Strong maintenance knowledge/skills, strong electrical trouble-shooting skills
* Possess management skills
* Experience with the types of production equipment being used in the production process
* Familiar with the mill supply industry with respect to parts and purchasing
* Background in electrical and electronics areas
* Field experience with construction and particularly with the site contractors
* Possess background with experience in materials engineering
* Has the ability to motivate the production team
* Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
* Must wear protective equipment while at the location
* Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
* Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
* Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX es una institucin EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/accin afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religin, discapacidad fsica o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientacin sexual, infomacin gentica, identidad de gnero, o expresin de gnero en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.