This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 3/23/2017
Stewart & Stevenson LLC
Fort Pierce, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID #: 5054
Location: Ft. Pierce, FL
Functional Area: Aftermarket
Department: 382500 - FT PIERCE SERVICE
Position Type: Regular
Education Required: See Job Description
Experience Required: See Job Description
Responsible for daily direction and supervision of the service department and Service Technicians.
* Oversee the daily operations of the service department.
* Manage the distribution of Service Technician work loads and assignments.
* Direct the activities of Service Technicians.
* Manage shop costs to achieve margin objectives.
* Ensure the appropriate manpower and supplies are available to complete work assignments.
* Review in progress and completed jobs to verify scope of work completed appropriately and safely.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Assist Service Advisors in responding to and handling customers' service complaints.
* Establish work standards and evaluate Service Technician's performance.
* May handle issues related to warranty work requests.
* May determine need and cost of service repairs.
* Hire, counsel, and discharge Service Technicians as necessary.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or three to seven years related experience
* Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
* Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
* Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
* Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Certificates & Licenses
Prior experience in a shop and/or field service environment required. Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools required. Prior supervisory experience required.
Additional Qualifications Preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.