Supplier Quality Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 4/7/2017
Winston Salem, NC
TE Connectivity has an opportunity for an entry-level Supplier Quality Engineer to support our Automotive Americas team. This role will be based in Winston Salem, NC.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Perform product assurance activities associated with a manufacturing environment to ensure that the dimensional, materials and visual characteristics of a product's design, as documented on drawings, specifications and quality standards are consistently produced.
* Perform process and system audit of suppliers and maintain a working knowledge of ISO and TS quality systems requirements to support the suppliers.
* Review and approve supplier Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) submissions for new items and changes to existing product components.
* Monitor quality data within the operating systems to ensure accuracy of data and develop reporting systems to accurately document and record monthly and annual supplier trends and performance data.
* Perform periodic reviews and continually monitor quality specifications to ensure supplier compliance.
* Facilitate deployment of supplier metrics across supply base.
* Supports plants in supplier quality issues and drives corrective actions with the suppliers
* Facilitate supplier quality roadmaps leading to improved supplier performance metrics
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Skill set in tight tolerance complex stamped components and plated materials.
* BS Degree in Engineering required, preferably Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* Master s Degree preferred
* 0-2 years of relevant experience as Quality Engineer in TS16949 automotive environment (Tier 1 and OEM)
* Experience with International Suppliers
* Experience using 5-Why and 8-D problem solving tools
* Able to work effectively in a team environment.
* Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel, Word, SAP and other software products
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and have project management capabilities
* Must be able to lead and motivate engineering resources within a matrix organization
* Candidate should be self-directed individual possessing managerial courage and business acumen
* Occasional travel within US and Mexico is likely