SURGICAL SUPPORT SERVICE TECH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Surgical Support Services Technician.
* Performs task related to pulling supplies and instruments to adequately and accurately prepare for cases; tasks include quality control mechanisms to ensure successful case pulls.
* Communicates with the health care team; effective communication regarding room needs, necessary follow-up by intraoperative team.
* Reviews and follows processes for acquiring, storing and handling surgical equipment in an organized, efficient manner according to division guidelines.
* Performs room and department decontamination as recommended by CDC, AORN, ASA, KUHA and manufacturer's guidelines.
* Assists with patient transfers and communicates with patient utilizing high service standards/behaviors.
* Facilitates adequate stocking of emergency supply stock and specialty section stock to ensure accessibility for patient care needs.
* Maintains high level of supply organization to ensure that inventory is appropriately managed and accessible to the health care team.
* Provides resources to staff during surgical cases to ensure that the team has the tools and equipment to perform surgical duties with minimal unnecessary interruption.
* Participates in projects and performs other duties as assigned by the Surgical Support Services Supervisor and/or other member of the Perioperative leadership team.
* Partners with anesthesia services to ensure practitioners have access to required supplies for patient care delivery.
* High School Diploma or GED Required. Technical/Professional Training Preferred.
* Experience in similar support function within a Perioperative services setting preferred.
* BLS required within 60 days of hire.
* Must possess basic to intermediate computer skills.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.