This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse, position assists the members of the surgical team by preparing and handling supplies and equipment during surgical procedures performed in the operating room, performs scrub role on cases of assigned services, directly assisting the surgeon by passing sterile instruments and supplies at the sterile field.
* Duties may vary according to the primary role assigned.
* Demonstrates the required knowledge of instrumentation and sterile technique, and the technical skills to anticipate surgeon's requests on specialty procedures of assigned services, complex cases maintaining competency in all specialties, expediting the progress of surgery and improving patient outcomes.
* Anticipates the expected progression of events in a clinical situation and modifies the plan accordingly, demonstrating the ability to rapidly problem solve and respond to changing situations.
* Demonstrates an increased level of prioritization and organization.
* Assists in the general maintenance and stocking of the operating room, reporting any difficulties with supplies or equipment to the supervisor.
* Contributes to own professional development by attending educational activities throughout the year.
* Promotes the development of collaborative relationships with OR team members by articulating practice issues and communicating in a positive constructive manner.
* Supports Quality Improvement through participation in departmental activities.
* High School Diploma
* BLS certification
* Graduate of accredited School of Surgical Technology required
* Scrub tech certification preferred
* One year O/R scrub experience as a Surgical Technician is preferred
* Two or more years active scrub experience preferred
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.