SUSE TECHNICAL INTERN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout SUSE
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world's most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com
SUSE TECHNICAL INTERN
Location: Provo, UT
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Availability: On or about September 1, 2016
This internship is based out of the SUSE offices on the Novell Campus in Provo, UT, and there is no option to work remotely. To be eligible for this internship, you must be student working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related field.
The Virtualization Team at SUSE delivers enterprise-class virtualization infrastructure software based on open-source technologies such as XEN and KVM. These offerings are integrated into SUSE Linux Enterprise products (server and desktop), and are included in the community operating system, openSUSE.
This position will allow you to leverage your problem-solving skills while testing virtualization software in a variety of complex configurations.
It will also provide the opportunity to gain advanced Linux knowledge while working with hardware that is equipped with the latest virtualization technologies.
Duties may include:
* Validation of advanced hardware virtualization features
* Maintenance of lab hardware including motherboard and CPU upgrades
* Configuring advanced software setups to duplicate customer issues in a lab environment
* Testing of management interfaces for virtualized environments
* Automated test development and deployment using Jenkins CI, shell scripting, Python, etc.
This position is part-time, with at least 20 hours per week and opportunities to work as much as 40 hours per week. Pay rate is competitive. Length of assignment is on-going.
Knowledge & Skills
* Actively working towards bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related major
* Strong background in Linux
* Experience with computer hardware maintenance
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Familiarity with virtualization software, especially XEN or KVM
* Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins CI
* Experience with shell scripting, Python, etc.
The Attachmate Group Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in providing our employees and applicants with equal opportunity. Our decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are non-discriminatory. They are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and citizenship, the presence of a physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.