SVC Global Solution Architect (GSA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSVC Global Solution Architect (GSA)
The Solution Validation Center (SVC) Global Solution Architect (GSA) possesses deep industry solution expertise in Cloud and Networking technologies and drives high priority customer initiatives in collaboration with the other Global Solutions Enablement (GSE) teams to build out customer solutions that will be tested in the SVC. The role is to partner with internal technical experts to understand customer business requirements, challenge assumptions to motivate the sales motion and ultimately create complex networking and cloud design solutions that will be validated in the SVC ecosystem. The GSA will possess a general awareness of key ICT and industry trends used in those complex solution shaping. The GSA will work on GSA-Management qualified opportunities with a heavy bias toward Demand Capture & Creation activities in the Field. Key ICT domain expertise includes Networking, Enterprise Architecture and Cloud.
* Provide strategic solutioning support for Equinix global sales teams
* Operate in a three-tiered engagement account engagement model that includes demand capture, demand creation and professional services touch points
* For assigned projects, define scope, plans and deliverables including network & cloud designs along with proposed level of effort
* Research, evaluate and stay current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
* Create information/technology plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational strategic direction, technical context and business needs
* Provide technical support for marketing initiatives through participation in proposals and marketing studies
* Identify, develop, update and enforce standards and procedures.
* Interface with resources in the CIO, CTO, CMO and CSO organizations on system infrastructure problems, technical concerns, and financial issues.
* 10+ years of proven experience in the functional technical domains of Network, Data Center, enterprise IT systems. Ideal candidate will have a background in pre-sales designing/consulting, designing network architectures, the discipline of Enterprise Architecture and enterprise resource planning.
* 7+ years of Solutions selling and technical support experience in the high-tech industry preferably in the network, cloud and/or data center markets
* Substantial telecommunications experience required; technical and commercial knowledge of network operator topology and architecture and IP routing strongly preferred.
* Thought leader who is innovative, entrepreneurial, well respected and actively sought out.
* Recognized in the industry through channels such as social media, authoring white papers, or public speaking engagements.
* Employee will exhibit confidence and influence when presenting verbal and written proposals to prospects, structuring consulting agreements, and be comfortable developing SOWs and related consulting deliverables.
* Employee will be comfortable speaking at conferences, acting as an authority in his field, and prospecting from industry events.
* Employee must be comfortable handling all phases of a consulting engagement, and will ideally show potential to attract and manage additional talent over time.
* Employee must exhibit a Consultative based mindset
* Demonstrate strong listening and collaboration skill for uncovering unmet customer technology-based needs and translating the requirements into strategic solutions
* High motivation level and appetite for fast-paced team environment; readily adaptable to changing market and organization requirements
* Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Results oriented
* L3 Technologies - OSPF, BGP, IS-IS,IPv4, IPv6, Multicast, PIM, IGMP, mVPN
* L2 Technologies - Ethernet, VLAN, VTP, STP, RSTP,MSTP, QinQ, HDLC,
* MPLS - MPLSVPN, MP-BGP, LDP, L2VPN,
* Data Center Technologies
* Security & HA - Cisco PIX series, ASA series, Checkpoint Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Site-to-Site VPNs, Remote Access VPNs, IPsec, GRE Tunnels, HSRP, VRRP,GLBP
* QoS - ToS, LLQ, CBWFQ, WFQ, Shaping, Policing, MPLS-VPN QoS
* Thorough understanding of public cloud technologies including AWS, Google and/or Azure and infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc).
* Virtual machine support
* Experience with Science Logic (or other SNMP monitoring platform) considered a plus
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent industry experience
* Cisco CCNP or Juniper JNCP certification or equivalent level of experience