SVP Chief Compliance Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSVP CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER - CA - #2372
A full service $6B+ financial institution in Southern California is seeking a SVP Chief Compliance Officer will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Bank's Compliance Management Program and functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization. The Chief Compliance Officer ensures the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company's Standards of Conduct. The CCO also compiles and issues reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements to meet the requirements of Bank policy, FDIC, and state regulatory agencies.
KEY DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide strategic advice the regulatory and compliance environment, technical guidance on specific compliance matters, and supervision of the Compliance Department
* Modifies procedures and manuals as needed.
* Responsible for adherence to all compliance program, including but not limited to, completion of all required and assigned training modules by established due dates.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Thorough understanding to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to the position. (i.e. all required Alpha Regs)
* Manages the Bank's compliance program, including policies, procedures, systems monitoring, technology-based controls, and training, as well as compliance monitoring and testing.
* Collaborates with other departments (i.e. Internal Audit, Risk Management, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with Legal as needed to resolved respective legal compliance issues as needed.
* Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
* Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
* Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
* Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the Bank, including understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
* Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees, management, and members of the Board.
* Provide effective leadership in enhancing and sustaining Opus' compliance programs to ensure they correspond commensurate with equivalent sized bank programs and practices and in line with the expectations of federal and state regulatory authorities.
* Assesses and monitors the compliance risks associated with the Bank's business activities, operations, and products and services.
* Serves as a point of contact for financial regulators and manages the bank's responses to regulatory inquiries/findings and preparation for compliance examinations.
* Perform Compliance Risk Assessments and review results with executive and senior management.
* Ensure satisfaction of CCO requirements for Dodd-Frank.
* On a regular basis, reports to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors on compliance matters, including actual or potential compliance program violations.
* Oversees the Corporate Complaint process.
* Perform other duties as requested or directed.
WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
* CRCM, CAMS, or similar certification preferred.
* Bachelor's degreerequired; advanced degreepreferred/JD highly desirable.
* Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in banking compliance or regulatory roles.
* Minimum of seven years of experience dealing directly with banking regulators.
* Familiarity with compliance monitoring and testing systems.
* Full knowledge of applicable laws and regulations impacting consumer and commercial compliance.
* Strong regulatory relationships; existing credibility with senior regulators is a plus.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with executive management.
* Management experience.
* Intermediate proficiency in MS Office suite