SVP, Small Business and Business Banking Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: The Small Business and Business Banking Manager will lead a team with a strong focus on attracting and retaining profitable business customer relationships through the delivery of OneWest Bank's exceptional One Customer at Time service standards. This position is responsible for developing and administering personal production sales goals as well as partnering with Relationship Center Branch Managers for small business and business banking lending and deposit growth. The Manager will emphasize originating deposit relationships and will coordinate with our affiliated company Direct Capital Corporation to provide credit to smaller borrowers.
* Provides strategic leadership and ownership for overall team results of small business and business banking relationship officers
* Recruits, manages, and maintains a staff originating strong relationships with target businesses for deposit products, along with other bank products and services
* Role models on a daily basis the OneWest standards with team members and customers
* Proactively utilizes OneWest's resources and tools to improve individual and team performance
* Conducts himself or herself to the highest ethical and professional standards
* Works effectively with business partners to ensure continued focus on the customer experience
* Develops a list of high priority prospects and centers of influence within the market area and builds relationships for client acquisition as a consistent referral source
* Resolves all client issues that are escalated to supervisory level
* Meets or exceeds all sales and retention goals
* Serves as partner to all lines of business for effective customer acquisition, cross-sell and retention
* Works with Retail Bank Group and Commercial Bank Group partners to achieve small business and business banking relationship development and growth goals and objectives
* Delivers superior financial results through excellent customer service that defines great customer experience
* Develops and participates in training to stay current with market trends and the competitive landscape within the market/region
* Engages sales team members to identify strengths and strategizes on personal production sales goals
Qualifications: * 5 to 7 years experience as a Small Business or Business Banking Manager (or related position) at a financial institution
* Strong history of building a team, managing the customer experience, and business performance
* Working knowledge of small business and business banking markets, products and services
* Working knowledge of small business and business banking credit underwriting
* Has the ability to attract, recruit, and retain an effective sales force
* College degree required / MBA preferred