SW Development Engineer, Corporate Office (NC)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 1/3/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Lenovo's fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day, every employee at Lenovo is focused on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way. Through our Entry Level Talent Program, Lenovo is developing career minded professionals to drive the next generation in technology. University graduates who have a passion for technology and an aptitude for success are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for an Engineer to develop productivity and automation applications by designing, developing, and deploying software solutions. This person will develop applications to automate manual test processes for the Product Assurance test execution team. They will also develop applications to drive efficiency into the engineering and management processes for the Product Assurance organization.
* Architect and develop applications that will increase productivity and quality of test analysis and processes.
* Access and determine feasibility of project by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development life-cycle.
* Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
* Prepare and deploy solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
* Obtain and license software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
* Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Lenovo, a member of the Fortune Global 500, is the fastest growing PC maker on the planet with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter. Lenovo recently completely two large and strategic acquisitions of Motorola Mobility to jump to the #3 largest smart phone maker in the world, and IBM X86 Server unit to become the #3 player world-wide in low to mid-range servers.
At $46B in global sales, in 160 countries, Lenovo is a collection of highly skilled and talented people doing what we do best: producing the very best in world-class products. From personal computers and tablets, to cell phones, applications and servers, everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do. We're looking to add professional, talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.