SW System Programmer (CM) 9/13/2016
Aegis Technologies Group, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure*
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
Position requires experienced technical understanding of the SCM tools and processes involved. The candidate will be a critical member of product Quality, Verification, Validation, and Acceptance Audits and will create tools and procedures to facilitate those audits.
The Flight and Ground Systems Division within the Space Systems Division at MSFC desire a software configuration management (SCM) specialist to:
* Provide technical SCM software process support, consultation, design and technical CM administration of a man rated flight software component for the core stage of the Space Launch System Flight Control System.
* Recommend SCM database designs and seek agreement on the scope of the entire SCM process, including identifying and documenting the items to be controlled and the information to be captured and recorded.
* Ensure the proper baseline identification of configuration items, perform periodic audits, and provide verification of version release configuration items.
* Support the development and maintenance of SCM processes, plans, and formal work instructions and monitor compliance.
* Ensure changes to the process methods and processes are properly approved, communicated, and managed throughout the organization.
* Support software engineering builds and formal releases for both internal and external stakeholders and work to improve automation of the build process.
* Support software installation within various test environments.
* Provide technical administration, be able to create or support processes and data base structures and configurations within a software repository for the easy identification and retrieval of software, test results, software results, software tools and other similar products typical of a mature software development product.
* Maintain status accounting records and metrics associated with SCM to ensure that current and historical configurations of products can be accurately determined throughout the product life cycle.
* Track all problems and changes in appropriate team reports and document artifacts.
* Attend meetings and formal Software Review Boards to obtain and authorize release of drawings and software, and software configuration changes as needed.
Equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum of 10 years of experience, a Masters with at least 12 years of experience, or a BS with at least 15 years experience. A degree in aerospace or software engineering or related field from an ABET accredited institution is required. Previous experience with CMMI requirements, industry standards, audits, and reporting with respect to SCM is required.
* Experience with NASA NPR7150.2A and Subversion Repository Design methodology is strongly desired as is an understanding of Agile Engineering practices and code change tracking systems.
* Previous experience writing build automation scripts using scripting tools such as python, perl, bash, or Windows scripts typically used in continuous integration batch runs.
* A minimum of 12 years of experience in the overall SCM and change tracking and management processes of aerospace related software products.
* Previous experience with developing Software Work Instructions.
* Previous experience with maintaining the baseline configurations of vendor supplied software development tools.
* A solid understanding of the disciplines involved with the formal release of software and its associated artifacts.
* Experience with the design and maintenance of software repositories, ideally Git or Subversion.