SXL - Butane Blending Startup Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Responsibilities
The Butane Blending Startup Specialist will be responsible for safe and systematic commissioning of new butane blending facilities. Work closely with Project Manager and customer's personnel to ensure smooth transition between construction and operations.
* Commissioning tanks, pumps, control skids and other equipment
* Sampling and testing product using portable analyzers
* Training customer operations personnel and local emergency responders
* Developing and maintaining documentation required for Process Safety Management
* Supporting Project Manager in completion of startup activities
* Overseeing construction contractors
* Troubleshoot operational issues pre and post startup
* Document findings/lessons learned for the benefit of the project teams
* Assist with maintenance projects during down-time in between project start-ups
* A Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent related experience.
* Experience in the refined products industry, experienced in refined products terminal operations, and experienced with pumps, valves, and pipeline manifold systems operations.
* Hands on experience with mechanical systems.
* General knowledge and experience of field instrumentation and low voltage electrical systems.
* Must be self-directed and safety driven, with experience in safely working with liquid hydrocarbons.
* Well-balanced interpersonal skills. Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers, clients, consultants, and representatives of various local, state and federal agencies.
* 75% travel commensurate with project schedules and timing of commissioning activities
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
* Previous experience in Quality Assurance.
* At least 3-6 years' experience including in depth technical knowledge working on construction projects.
* We seek someone with integrity, who is passionate about their work; takes ownership of his/her results, and can represent Sunoco Logistics with professionalism.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Sunoco Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Flexible Spending Accounts