SXL - Field Service Technician (Butane Blending Systems)
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates a logistics business consisting of a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products pipeline, terminalling and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products. SXL's general partner is a consolidated subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP). Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unitholders.
* Responsible for supporting efficient operation and maintenance of the Glenpool, OK butane blending facility. Work closely with customer's personnel and the Sugar Land Control Center Operators to ensure maximum butane blending potential.
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with general contractors for periodic support with repair and maintenance of the systems and facilities.
* Support the mechanical operations of blending systems; quick and thorough resolution of blending system malfunctions; communication with contractors to insure all parties understand and comply with desired system design, installation, and timelines.
* Routine scheduled maintenance of all blending systems within assigned geographical area.
* Position is subject to a modified shift schedule and periodic on call duties.
* Associates degree or equivalent experience.
* 5-7+ years related experience in the refined products industry, refined products terminal operations including technical troubleshooting & maintenance experience working with pumps, valves & pipeline manifold systems operations.
* Hands on experience with mechanical systems and general knowledge and experience of field instrumentation and low voltage electrical systems including troubleshooting Instrument and Electrical systems.
* Must be self-directed and safety driven, with experience in safely working with liquid hydrocarbons.
* Strong analytical skills, strong communications skills (verbal and written), and strong relationship building skills.
* Must be able to obtain a TWIC within one year.
Preferred Skills, Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree. Strong Instrument and/or Electrical background. Experience in Quality Assurance.
We seek someone with integrity, who is passionate about their work; takes ownership of his/her results, and can represent Sunoco Logistics with professionalism.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Sunoco Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications.
Flexible Spending Accounts