SXL - Pipeline Integrity Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Responsibilities:
* Must be proficient in corrosion control and pipeline integrity methods and technologies, have a working knowledge of measurement, electrical and mechanical activities.
* Whether performing or supervising others within an assigned area, specialists are responsible for a variety of tasks involved in analyzing, advance troubleshooting, testing, monitoring, maintaining, installing, repairing, maintenance, etc.
* Expected to respond to call-out situations and may be required to perform additional duties due to operational upsets, construction projects, emergencies or other unusual situations.
* Must perform all duties in a safe manner consistent with Company procedures and policies and is responsible for training.
* Provides assistance to District personnel.
* Have a working knowledge of measurement, mechanical and electrical/electronic activities as it is related to the corrosion control duties.
* Must have the ambition to continue to learn the most modern methods of corrosion control, including attending classes, trainings, seminars, etc.
* A high school diploma or equivalent
* Technical knowledge for the application and maintenance of external and internal corrosion control.
* Detailed knowledge of pipeline operations, API and DOT procedures, HES and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to use sound judgment, be a self-starter and well organized.
* Must be able to obtain a TWIC card within the appropriate timeframe.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Sunoco Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Flexible Spending Accounts