SXL - Senior Accountant - Refined Products 9/9/2016
Sugar Land, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Responsibilities
* Price validation of contractual purchase invoices
* Ad-hoc related analysis as requested by manager.
* Perform analytics to validate the reasonableness of freight, product purchase and profit share accurals
* Month end duties such as the accurate and timely generation and posting of all manual journal entries within SAP
* Profit share and RINS liabilities and royalty related revenue accruals.
* Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, obtaining and organizing all supporting documentation including sign-offs for SOX compliance and obtaining audit support as requested by manager.
* Responsible for the overall accuracy of the balance sheet relating to the business.
* Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
* Must have strong communications skills (verbal and written); and be effective in communicating, coordinating and implementing changes.
* Must be able to identify the root cause(s) of accounting issues and be able to correctly resolve issues.
* Strong business computer skills and the ability to learn and document processes.
* Must be willing provide overtime hours support as necessary particularly around month-end reporting
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience:
* MBA or CPA is a plus.
* Experience in the oil/gas industry is desired, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Sunoco Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Flexible Spending Accounts