SXL - Senior Specialist - Network Engineer (Plant Operations)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
Sinking Spring, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPrimary Responsibilities:
* Perform activities required to deploy and support mission-critical serial / IP networks for pipeline operations requiring 24x7 availability.
* Identification, diagnosis, and resolution of network problems
* Physical and logical network design (network architecture know-how a big plus), and implementation of network hardware and software to assure reliability and 100% uptime for critical operations
* Configuration, maintenance, and backups of network component software
* Responsible for daily maintenance, monitoring, and configuration of routers, switches, serial & IP-based radio links and third party network circuits.
* Manage and troubleshoot problems with LAN/WAN communication equipment on private IP and IPSEC Networks.
* Work with telecommunications service providers to assure quality service of VSAT, Cellular, T1 and MPLS circuits.
* Maintain asset information and other network documentation
* Analyze and solve complex problems using good analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of networks.
Minimum Skills, Education and Experience
* 3+ years' experience designing, deploying, managing and supporting mission critical network environments based on Cisco hardware and IOS
* Solid understanding of industry-standard network design principles and best practices.
* Knowledge of all common routing protocols, including but not limited to EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and RIP v2.
* Spanning-tree, HSRP
* Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols.
* Self-starter with the ability to gather requirements and produce results with minimal managerial input.
* Natural ability in troubleshooting, and eager to learn technology outside of core job responsibilities.
* Excellent documentation skills.
* Participate in team on-call rotation
Preferred Skills, Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar accredited university a plus
* Experience with ICS security best-practices, e.g., API 1164, ISA-99, NERC-CIP, NIST 800, etc.
* Exposure or experience with in the Oil & Gas industry, especially supporting SCADA operating systems.
* Specialist Certifications such as Cisco CCNA
* Skilled in time , priority, and task management
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of writing proposals/reports, and acting as a vendor liaison.
* Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
* Ability to anticipate problems, resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Sunoco Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Flexible Spending Accounts