SXL - Sr. Counsel, Commercial Energy Attorney 8/12/2016
Sugar Land, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates a logistics business consisting of a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products pipeline, terminalling and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products. SXL's general partner is a consolidated subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP). Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unitholders.
* Senior commercial lawyer with a strong understanding of the mid-stream energy and logistics business.
* Knowledge of the liquids pipeline business including interstate and intrastate pipeline operations, terminalling operations and facilities, processing plants and storage facilities.
* Knowledge of the crude oil and refined products acquisition and marketing business, experience in negotiating crude oil, refined products and natural gas liquids marketing contracts and trading and derivative transactions.
* Ability to handle a vast array of commercial matters relating to the interconnect, exchange, transportation and terminalling agreements that cover the transportation of crude oil, refined products and natural gas liquids by pipeline, truck, train and barge.
* Counsel business clients on all aspects of commercial, transactional and regulatory law including antitrust, contracts, real property, acquisitions, divestments, Department of Transportation regulations, FERC and state and local laws relating to liquids pipelines.
* Lead, manage and negotiate sophisicated and complex commercial transactions, including mergers and acqusitions, divestitures, joint ventures, financings and other commercial deals and ventures.
* J.D. degree with a minimum of 7 years' overall experience, including law firm and in-house counsel experience.
* In depth knowledge and experience in commercial mid-stream energy transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and commercial agreements; real estate and regulatory and compliance matters Strong knowledge of terminal and dock operations
* Must be highly organized, able to work independently, able to prioritize among many competing projects, and have excellent oral and written communications skills.
* We seek someone with integrity, who is passionate about their work; takes ownership of his/her results, and can represent Sunoco Logistics with professionalism
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Sunoco Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Flexible Spending Accounts