Sacramento Communications Director 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 91285
Job Title: Communications Director
Reports To: Regional Director
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Regional Director, the Communications Director will oversee development, operations and progression of the communications centers. This position will promote a positive working environment in the communication centers utilizing total quality management concepts and practices, insuring incorporation of AMR's mission, vision, strategies and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Interface with large healthcare partners and their transfer centers
* Interface with area 9-1-1 and private dispatch centers
* Issue clarification memoranda to communicate corporate, regional and area policies and procedures with person-to-person validation
* Evaluate, respond to RFP's and prepare contracts related to Communication Centers
* Development, oversight and integration of Center products, contracts and services to meet current and future company and industry needs.
* Identify, develop, and monitor performance indicators and make necessary adjustments to optimize customer service satisfaction and operational efficiency and effectiveness
* Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, ordinances and administrative rules
* Maintain Communication Center standard operating procedures (SOP's) and Operational Guidelines (OGL's) when needed, develop and recommend appropriate changes
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Evaluate and recommend equipment purchases
* Coordinate training program development, implementation and maintenance
* Ensure that Communications Centers are safe, clean and orderly with attention to necessary repairs and rejuvenation
* Oversee Communications Centers Safety Committee meetings and follow up on Safety Committee recommendations as appropriate
* Investigate incidents and complaints and make recommendations as to the resolution
* Coordinate major incident management
* Assist with preparation and administration of Communication Center budget
* Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every computer user to:
* Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures
* Attend Information Systems security training, when offered
* Report information systems security problems
* Provide coordination and leadership for all Communication/Dispatch Operations
* Lead, motivate, and supervise all Communications Center staff
* Provide performance feedback to subordinates through positive reinforcement and quality assurance review
* Conduct annual performance review of assigned personnel
* Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations if applicable, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel with a goal of developing a team oriented approach with positive results.
* Comply with all employment laws and support affirmative action / equal opportunity and diversity goals.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Minimum 2 years' progressive managerial experience in EMS and/or Communications.
* Ability to prepare and administer budgets, administer labor union agreements, and work independently and as a team member.
* Knowledge of computer software including MS Office Software Suite.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience as Manager or Supervisor in a high performance multi-service level environment with call volume in excess of 80,000 calls annually; utilizing system status management, Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), AVL/GPS, and mobile data transfer technology is preferred.
* College course work in Business or related area and/or EMS Field Experience is preferred.
* Experience in Health Care Transportation Management, with GEAC & LOGIS Public Safety (CAD) Systems is preferred.
* Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) Certified preferred.
* Occasionally: Touching, walking outside, typing 35 wpm.
* Frequently: Walking inside, reaching, kneeling, stooping, bending.
* Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, sitting, seeing.
* Occasionally: Complex reading and writing, memorization, high math skills.
* Frequently: Simple reading and writing, problem solving, judgment, reasoning, decision making.
* Constantly: Analyzing, perception/computation, complex math skills.
* Occasionally: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
* Frequently: Intense tasks.
* Occasionally: Auto dialer.
* Frequently: Multi-function (Copy/Print/Facsimile) machine.
* Constantly: Computer/typewriter, telephone/smart phone, keyboard/mouse, calculator, stapler, 3-hole punch.
* Occasionally: Works with others, extended day.
* Frequently: Works alone, face-to-face contact with others.
* Constantly: Works around others, verbal contact with others, inside.
AMR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.