Safety Coordinator - Building Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Ledcor Group of Companies
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
You are an experienced commercial construction Safety Coordinator who excels in partnering with front line supervisors and operations staff to meet and exceed Ledcor s safety standards on project sites. You are looking to diversify your experience with a company that has a strong safety culture that goes above and beyond regulatory standards to be an industry leader. You can expect to work on challenging projects with diverse and collaborative teams to meet and exceed Ledcor s safety standards.
Experience a culture where your knowledge and experience are valued, and safety and integrity are uncompromised. Join Ledcor s Building team in San Diego, CA.
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures including: tracking pre-qualification data; maintaining inventory of hazardous products, first aid and personal protective equipment on site; and maintaining, recording and filing confidential information, metrics and spreadsheets in databases
- Books and organizes safety training, prepares materials, and conducts Ledcor site specific health and safety orientations for new site employees
- Supports the safety team in applying defined criteria to review subcontractors safety programs and provide ongoing assistance to subcontractors
- Provides assistance and acts as a resource to project site and management personnel in conducting and maintaining written records of the daily work-site health and safety inspections
- Identifies corrective action to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health and safety
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and provides consultative advice to project site personnel on, the interpretation of local and provincial regulations as they relate to both public and work-site safety
- Maintains positive and professional working relationships while interfacing and communicating with regulatory authorities, all levels of management, clients, contacts and visitors to promote safety
- Administers first aid services to all personnel on the work-site as necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 6+ years of health & safety experience or combination of health & safety and trades experience; commercial and/or mid to high rise residential construction project experience is strongly preferred
- Fully qualified CSP, ASP or equivalent safety certification would be an asset
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Ability to identify problems/issues, generate solutions and make sound decisions using standard procedures
- Proven skills in probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style, and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Demonstrated willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all personnel and Ledcor business matters
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver s license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Site based position
- Some travel to various project sites may be required in the future
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects of all sizes across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more* Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an EEO/AAP employer; all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Building Construction USA
San Diego, CA
San Diego, California
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Date Posted 9/21/2016 4:09:45 PM