Safety Dispatch Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
SAFETY DISPATCH OFFICER
If you are looking for a stable company with great benefits and growth opportunities, this is it! We offer for FT positions, anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K.
Allied Universal, who celebrated their 50th year in business, seeks an enthusiastic, passionate Security Officerfor a premier account. To demonstrate success in this role the ideal candidate for the Security Officer position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate well with others. This is a great opportunity to join Allied Universal, a dynamic high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering exceptional customer service. Apply today to join a company that cares for and recognizes its people. Whether you are an experienced Security Officer, or interested in exploring the security field as a career option, we welcome you to apply!
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Responsibilities for the Security Officer include, but are not limited to:
* Foot, Bike or Golf cart patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
* Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
* Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
* Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
* Dispatcher for emergency response teams, Fire, EMS, and Haz-mat
* Emergency and non-emergency phone operator
* Responsible for visitor access control
* Responsible for maintaining security and reporting incidents.
* Responsible for contacting and directing all deliveries.
* Explains and report plant safety rules and reports violations.
* Knowledge of Hazardous materials for reporting purpose
Qualified applicants for the Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have familiarity with windows/PC computer environment, with demonstrable skills in word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail, and Internet functionality. MS Office experience is required (Access, Excel, and Word)
* Must have familiarity with two ]way radio systems, communication protocol, and multi-line telephone management skills.
* Must be competent to make decisions for proper response and notifications during emergencies and unusual situations not specified in policies and procedures.
* Must have a background reflecting continuance and attendance to all training courses and the ability to pass a final written and scenario test.
* One years of security control center experience is preferred.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate a command of the English language.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills.
* Must be detail oriented and work well under pressure.
* Must be able to effectively multitask and prioritize.
* Must be dependable and posses leadership skills
* Must appear and present a professional image
* Must be a team player and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Midwest - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days