This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
E.S. Boulos Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Exciting opportunity for a Safety Engineer! Do you eat, sleep, and breath safety and always seem to be able to help people practice safety better? Do you have a knack for training best practices? Then this job may be for you!
Safety Engineer Overview:
Our Safety Engineers work to ensure all MYR employees uphold the core value of safety by implementing and maintaining safety programs. A successful Safety Engineer will develop positive professional relationships while working closely with field personnel, all levels of management and outside agencies during all phases of construction. This will be a site safety position for our substation project in Providence, RI.
E.S. Boulos Company, founded in 1920 is among the oldest, largest, and most experienced electrical contractors in New England, delivering quality electrical construction for diverse utility and commercial projects.
Why should you apply to be a Safety Engineer for E.S. Boulos? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Safety Engineers have excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental & Vision insurance, Paid Vacation & holidays, Company paid Life Insurance a 401K, and more! If you were to ask our Safety Engineers why they like working for E.S. Boulos, chances are they would say, The diverse mix of people & projects. From the projects we're engaged in around the nation, to the people we hire and work with, our employees are exposed to a variety of environments, situations and people - all factors that ultimately help each and every one of us to grow both personally and professionally.
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
Safety Engineer Duties:
* Act as a liaison between management, outside local safety agencies, and insurance carriers.
* Coordinate with district operation personnel to establish safety standards
* Create a system for communicating safety and health issues to include:
1).General employee/department safety meetings.
2).Formal safety training for safe work practices.
3).Posting of various safety communications.
4).Development of a safety suggestion system.
* Coordinate, monitor, and provide technical support for district safety committees.
* Coordinate and conduct periodic job site visits of all crews to identify unsafe work conditions and practices.
* Document and communicate site visit information.
* Coordinate other supplemental inspections whenever new processes, equipment, substances, or previously unrecognized hazards are found to be present.
* Verify that corrective measures are completed, including recommendations of the safety committee, insurance carrier, and/or other safety consultant.
* Review and complete corrective actions for all injury and illness investigation reports.
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
Experience within the Substation electrical construction industry is essential to the success of this role.
Safety Engineer Skills &Qualifications:
* Minimum of 2 years experience working with electrical substation construction projects within a safety role required
* Strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA and other industry related safety regulations required
* Safety certifications OSHA 30 (Construction) or T&D 20 AND HAZWAPER certifications required
* Safety or related technical undergraduate degree or safety professional certifcation preferred but not mandatory
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.