This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking a Safety Engineer to join the team as a member of our growing Construction division.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
This person will be responsible for:
* Evaluates subcontractor safety programs for comprehensiveness and compliance with McKinstry policies.
* Conducts safety audits.
* Conducts safety orientation for new employees.
* Investigates and reports claim information.
* Administers McKinstry Safety Program and initiatives to reduce risk of accidents.
* Verifies that subcontractors are conducting the proper training as per OSHA standards.
* Conducts safety meetings and issues minutes.
* Implements and supports safety incentive program.
* Provides safety records as needed.
* Promotes safe work practices and conditions in accordance with local, state, and federal laws.
Support the Safety Team:
* Assists Project Manager, Superintendent and Foreman on jobsites with adherence to company safety and loss control policies.
* Assists in the development of Safety Programs during pre-construction phase.
* Builds working relationships with job staff and subcontractors.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* One (1) year of construction experience with an emphasis on safety requirements required.
* Ability to recognize onsite risk factors and take appropriate action with firmness and tact required.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required.
* Understanding of applicable federal, state and local safety regulations required.
* Bachelor s degree in Safety or related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
* OSHA 500 certification preferred.
* Working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* Ability and willingness to travel.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind..