Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
South Bend, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONMCCORMICK & COMPANY, INCORPORATED, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a full time SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENTAL (SHE) MANAGER in its condiment manufacturing plant located at 3425 Lathrop Street in SOUTH BEND, INDIANA. The SHE Manager will report directly to the Plant Manager.
With $4 billion in annual sales, McCormick & Company, Incorporated manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. _MCCORMICK BRINGS PASSION TO FLAVOR_(tm)! To learn more please visit us at WWW.MCCORMICKCORPORATION.COM.
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. McCormick's benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), defined contribution plan, paid holidays and vacations.
The Safety, Health, & Environmental Manager is accountable for leading all Safety, Health, and Environmental programs, inspiring the team to continuously improve, and broadening safety engagement within the South Bend plant. This Manager is dedicated to ensuring safe practices, reducing injuries and other incidents, implementing proactive safety programs, processes, and procedures, increasing safety engagement, and developing and maintaining robust safety training programs. This Manager also develops and implements programs, policies, & procedures for monitoring environmental compliance and improving the plant's efforts to become more sustainable.
* Own results to include supporting Divisional, Departmental, and Plant Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures (OGSMs)
* Coach, motivate, and support the McCormick High Performance Cultural Framework, ensuring information flow, employee development, problem-solving, goal setting and process improvements within the safety and related arenas
* Influence, inspire, and motivate the plant leadership group and technician teams to engage & improve safety performance and culture
* Lead and coach Safety Committee members and Safety Functional Leaders (SFL's) and validate performance of both groups leading action plans and root cause analyses
* Keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization
* Plan, develop, and manage plant policies and programs to ensure adherence to local, state, andfederal environmental, health, and safety regulations andrequirements Serve as the Safety, Health and Environmental expert for the facility to include:
* Owning (developing, maintaining, evaluating and sustaining) all SH&E programs
* Providing program training for other leaders
* Planning and assisting in the implementation process
* Evaluating usage, and positively influencing others to be accountable to SH&E programs
* Ensure safe practices, injury/illness prevention processes, regulatory compliance, environmental compliance and risk management for liability, Worker's Compensation, and property claims
* Perform analysis of safety incidents & behaviors and establish best practices & improvements for the plant
* Develop, implement, and refine injury prevention processes for continuous improvement in injury frequency, compliance issues, and worker's compensation
* Develop, communicate, and translate organizational safety objectives and practices into actionable solutions
* Develop and maintain a variety of records and measures, including scorecard, Blue Man, OSHA logs, EPA reporting, and training records
* Oversee and audit all South Bent plant safety and environmental training activities, including monthly department and business unit safety audits
* Direct preparation, maintenance, and updating of environmental policy and procedure manuals
* Provide and analyze data and measures to understand utility, energy, and solid waste usage
* Identify material, utility, and energy losses and initiate sustainable improvements using appropriate resources
* Lead the resolution of Worker's Compensation issues, with an emphasis on implementing cost control measures and proper case management
* Actively participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives
* Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Engineering, Business, Food Science, Chemistry or another discipline that would be relevant to manufacturing
* Minimum 5years of demonstrated leadership experience in Safety, Operations/Production, Engineering, QA, and/or CI in a manufacturing plant or warehouse environment
* Experience leading efforts that resulted in favorable outcomes for a manufacturing plant(s) and/or warehouse
* Experience developing, coaching, and motivating employees in a team-based environment
* Outstanding presentation, team facilitation, and communication skills
* Experience coordinating and leading several improvement teams and projects simultaneously & interacting across levels and functions
* Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to assess risks
* Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Ability to alter work hours to accommodate the business and employee needs of a three shift manufacturing operation
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
* Experience leading efforts that result in favorable safety and/or environmental results
* Experience leading change initiatives and/or championing major components of a larger change
* Knowledge and understanding of OSHA and Federal, State, and local environmental and safety regulations
* Experience in food and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing
* Experience working with Occupational Health Management programs
* Willingness to relocate for future opportunities
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.