Safety Lead - Dannon MN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 1/19/2017
The Dannon Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDannon, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a Safety Lead - Dannon in the United States (US) for their Minster, Ohio manufacturing facility.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
To include, but not be restricted to, the following duties:
* Champion safety throughout the Dannon facility and campus; promote an open environment where all employees are empowered to work safely and to provide solutions that maintain safe work practices
* Assist in development and facilitation of safety training material
* Maintain training records and sustaining appropriate training for all Team Members
* Assist in contractor compliance with facility policy
* Assist the Health and Safety Team incident investigations (Root Cause Analysis) RCA's and monitoring activities
* Conduct safety walk-throughs and Peer To Peer observations within the prescribed frequency.
* Assist with communication of safety policy and procedure changes
* Develop, document, post and sustain safety procedures
* Develop risk assessments
* In conjunction with Dannon Management, give guidance regarding LOTO to the facility as needed to provide efficient and productive results towards achieving LOTO Dannon's company goals and objectives
* Provide general support, direction and assistance to the Environmental, Health and Safety Department regarding all OSHA and Dannon safety programs
* Assist in the management of all staff and Team Members regarding compliance of LOTO and hold the position of LOTO Manager for the facility
* Maintain accurate safety records and files
* To become familiar with the day - to day organization of the facility as it affects Environmental-Health and Safety
* To undertake such work as you are assigned in a careful and efficient way and in compliance with current standards, regulatory requirements and the Dannon EHS policies
* To communicate in a friendly, helpful and non-prejudicial manner in your dealings with staff, employees and / or contractors/ suppliers as you will be regarded as a representative of your department, and you should behave accordingly. Some matters that you will be privy to are confidential and must not be discussed except in the course of your duties. You will be expected to sign an undertaking to observe Company confidentiality
* To be aware of and abide by the rules and codes of the department. This is particularly important in the case of Environmental, Health and Safety procedures. To behave in a professional manner and cooperate with all other members of staff at all times
* To adhere to and to positively promote the Dannon Safety Values
* To maintain high standards of work within your department.
* Other duties as required and as assigned by management
Skills and Education
* Work as part of a small team; take initiative and prioritize work.
* Good problem solving skills.
* Ability to review complex information and relate it to the needs of the staff and The Company.
* A (BS) degree in an EHS or related field; (3) years' experience in the field of safety in a general industrial or manufacturing setting with focus on OSHA compliance programs preferred.
* Knowledge of OSHA and ANSI guidelines preferred.
* Experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Experience developing documented LOTO procedures and risk assessment of Hazardous Energy preferred.
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. We have something special inside, do you*
59923.Experience: Experienced professionals #LI-NORAM
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Job Segment: Law, Compliance, Legal