This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/19/2017
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
This position is part of a team who are responsible for providing leadership, coordination and technical expertise in the area of safety for our pulp and paper mill. These positions have the accountability for establishing reliable methods for improving safety performance and providing continued growth in the existing safety culture where safety is an overriding concern in all activities, and in which every employee assumes accountability for safety, and assuring compliance with all safety requirements.
* Ensure the safety and well being of all employees and visitors.
* Proactively address all safety concerns and encourage all personnel to do the same.
* Provide leadership in developing, updating, implementing, and managing safety policies, procedures, and practices.
* Develop an effective communication process to make safety priorities and performance visible.
* Coach and work with mill and to be a visible role model of incident prevention.
* Recommend ways to reduce hazards and health risks.
* Manage and coordinate a variety of safety programs.
* Provide technical support for on-going problem solving, safety statistics, tracking, safety investigations and trend analysis.
* Ensure all employees receive excellent training concerning development of safe behaviors.
* Involve team members in safety activity and develop team member ownership in safety processes and performance measures.
* Network with other mills and organizations to ensure best safety practices are being used in Longview.
* Develop a \\"win-win\\" approach for implementing safety requirements.
Position Requirements -- Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrated commitment to safety; with the ability to identify safety improvement opportunities.
* Highly motivated and people oriented leader.
* Ability to influence others to perform their jobs safely.
* Ability to identify opportunities and solve problems.
* Analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically.
* Ability to develop rapport/credibility with diverse groups, and must be comfortable interacting with senior leadership.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills: general ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
* Excellent and demonstrated project management experience and organizational skills.
* Desire to aggressively learn and continue to develop knowledge and skills.
* Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field and/or equivalent experience.
* Valid driver's license and ability to travel when necessary.
* 3 - 5 years safety experience
* Emergency Response experience is a plus
* Familiarity with Washington State safety codes
* OSHA 500/501, CAOHG, or competent person status a plus
* ICC Certification desired
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled