Safety Manager 9/8/2016
Human Resource Dimensions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HUMAN RESOURCE DIMENSIONS HAS BEEN ENGAGED TO FIND A SAFETY MANAGER FOR A CLIENT IN ATLANTA, GA.
The Safety Manager will manage and coordinate all organization safety activities and programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment for all employees; develops and implements accident prevention programs.
* Develops, implements, and monitors safety programs to reduce frequency of accidents and injuries; assists in minimizing overall workers' compensation costs.
* Plans, implements, communicates, and monitors safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
* Audits various safety program elements of effectiveness; schedules and performs safety inspections; identifies issues and develops corrective action plans.
* Supervises, controls, and monitors fire prevention and fire fighting activities.
* Investigates all accidents and injuries; recommends and/or coordinates corrective actions.
* Develops and implements safety training programs designed to instruct employees in general safe work practices plus specific instruction with regard to hazards unique to any job assignment; provides training for new employees.
* Maintains thorough knowledge of federal and state OSHA regulations and web sites; maintains up-to-date knowledge of safety codes and regulations; distributes and/or posts new or revised safety standards that affect the company
* Coordinates with other departments on design and construction of new equipment, facilities, and work methods to ensure compliance with safety policies and regulations.
* Encourages employees and supervisors to report all unsafe conditions immediately and schedules or coordinates repairs as soon as possible.
* Encourages employees and supervisors to report any injury that occurs on the job, even a slight cut or strain, immediately.
* Maintains records for statistical measurement and conformance to standard practices of the safety industry.
* Prepares and maintains required safety reports.
* Minimum of three to six years related experience; bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.) preferred.
* Knowledge of OSHA regulations and compliance standards.
* Commitment to excellence and high standards
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work with all levels of management
* Proven leadership and business acumen skills
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Ability to manage priorities and workflow
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
* Demonstrated competence in reacting to and handling emergencies.
* Bilingual skills a plus.