Safety Manager ( Chemicals ) 9/3/2016
Mid size chemical manufacturer
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Safety Manager (chemicals) Columbus, OH area
Mid-sized chemical manufacturer has an immediate need for a talented and dedicated Safety Manager to join their team. This company is passionate about innovation and pushing the boundaries of customer service. Company's focus is helping manufacturers create new and innovative organic chemistries, or improving on current chemistries; to deliver greater consistency and process stability. This company manufactures and sells highly engineered chemistries as well as "design and build chemical processes" for a variety of the largest Fortune 500 companies. We deliver transformative results.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: This position will monitor OSHA regulations with regards to Chemical Manufacturing - Personnel Safety. Lead safety culture improvements - via expertise in Safety Leadership / communications / Marketing in order to advance the safety culture and create best in class safety performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Administer the Safety Program to promote not only compliance with state and federal regulations, but also a safe workplace for all company employees.
* Responsible for developing, administering, and documenting companywide personnel safety training.
* Responsible for proper generation / maintenance of documentation and safety records mandated by federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
* Conduct job hazard analyses (JHA) for any new processes, or existing processes that pose a concern.
* Conduct physical inspection of plant to determine whether the company is compliant with current OSHA standards.
* Bachelor's degree in Occupational or Environmental Safety and Health, or Safety Management, or Engineering related experience.
* CSP, CIH, or PE designation is a preferred plus.
* Minimum of five (5) years comprehensive safety and health experience including ergonomics, industrial hygiene, training and safety culture change in a chemical manufacturing or closely related production environment.
* General working knowledge of OSHA regulations are required.
* Must have excellent communication and employee training skills; as well as the ability to lead change and think strategically.
* Must be proficient with MS Word and MS Excel.
* Must now be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident