Safety Manager Electrical Line & Utility
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
IES Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
IES Commercial, Inc. is seeking a full-time Safety Manager for its Electrical Line and Utility division based in Holdrege, NE. Safety Manager is responsible for implementing, administering and coordinating all IES safety policies and programs including safety training for the Holdrege Electrical Line and Utility Division. Ensures compliance with all IES Safety procedures and processes in addition to all federal and state OSHA standards and regulations. Develops and manages Health/Safety initiatives aimed at reducing/eliminating occupational incidents, injuries and illnesses.
* Fully support all IES Safety policies, procedures and programs.
* Ensure implementation and compliance with IES Safety Policies, Procedures and Programs within Utility Line Division.
* Perform safety presentations, and develop safety presentations and related training as required
* Schedule and perform jobsite safety audits and inspections to determine compliance with all IES safety policies, procedures and programs and federal, state safety standards
* Develop safety action plans to correct any non-compliance issues and work with operations and management for implementation.
* Deliver OSHA 10, 30 hour, new employee orientation and other safety training as needed and/or required by IES, OSHA, state or local safety standards
* Deliver and coordinate safety training for management and field personnel in accident prevention techniques, compliance with IES safety policies, procedures and programs and federal and state standards.
* As needed, prepare written reports and summaries to provide concise, meaningful information regarding safety audits, investigations and issues.
* Supervises and manages field safety personnel as needed
* Conduct and coordinate root cause investigations on recordable incidents, near misses and vehicle incidents.
* Utilize the root cause analysis to help operations identify and implement corrective actions to help prevent future reoccurrence of similar incidents.
* Maintain proper OSHA recordkeeping as required, responsible ensures appropriate OSHA 300A summaries are posted annually in accordance with 29 CFR 1904 OSHA Recordkeeping Standards.
* Facilitate the process of obtaining MVR reports on all IES drivers within division as required by the IES Fleet Safety Program
* Provide IES fleet safety training to all drivers
* Participate in and take the lead in any OSHA inspection process as defined in the IES Safety Manual section 18 and effectively communicate with project stakeholders
* Conduct or direct activities aimed at identifying potential hazards
* Develop processes and plans to reduce or eliminate hazards and safety incidents
* Develop accident prevention and loss prevention control programs
* Compile, analyze and interpret safety related statistical data
* Prepare and maintain safety related records and reports
* Conduct regular safety meetings, safety training and site visits
* Ensure compliance with government, industry and customer-centric safety regulations
* Teach, advise, mentor and counsel all stakeholders to uphold the IES Safety Culture
* Minimum 5 years experience in electrical construction safety, preferably in electrical utility industry
* Extensive knowledge of the 1910.269 and other OSHA standards & regulations with fundamental understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
* Current status as an Authorized OSHA OTI 500 or 501 Construction Outreach Trainer
* Minimum of 2 years experience operating various types of aerial lifts including bucket trucks and boom lifts
* CHST (Construction Health/Safety Technician) Certification preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient computer knowledge and experience utilizing MS Office (WORD,EXCEL, PowerPoint)
* Must be detail-oriented with high level organizational skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with project stakeholders including field personnel, IES mid/senior management, and customer interfaces
* Willingness to travel up to 75% of time as needed via motor vehicle and occasional air carrier
* Ability to respond as needed in support of all safety emergency situations with or without advance notice.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and when applicable, if duties involve operating motor vehicle, must be able to pass motor vehicle record check.
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2015 fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, IES produced over $574 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster | \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify