This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are seeking a Safety Manager who will be a hands on manager helping implement programs and procedures in compliance with State and Federal regulations and corporate and client policies; and be accountable for the leadership of the Drive Cam and OSHA/CDL at the division level. Sets the tone for ensuring all operators are current with training requirements of company and contract.
This position is located in San Diego. Relocation assistance is available.
* Ensures all safety manuals, programs, policies and practices are current and meet the needs of the operating divisions.
* Resides as the expert in EPA and OSHA, CDL compliance and regulations.
* Ensures all new hires meet minimum general qualifications for each division including background and DMV checks.
* Ensures that Safety technology tools are used and those results are examined, trend data is analyzed and plans are developed to reduce and then prevent future safety incidents.
* Oversees Corporate Safety Incentives and programs managed effectively and consistently, including assignment of Safety Points.
* Ensures a consistent Safety Culture throughout the locations that incorporate operations, safety and maintenance departments and emphasizes the team approach and individual responsibility of all employees to achieve common goals.
* Oversees successful completion of all related audits including those conducted by corporate and client staff and by state and federal regulatory agencies.
* Leads the division in the area of safety organization regarding classroom and behind the wheel instruction according to corporate and client specifications in all aspects of vehicle operation in the course of passenger transportation, including defensive driving, service area familiarization, passenger loading, unloading and securement, proper manifest documentation, use of on-board equipment, accident and emergency procedures, dispatch and radio communications, and passenger sensitivity.
* Reviews reporting of all vehicular, passenger and employee accidents/incidents for determination of cause and preventability, identifying potential trends to be addressed in future training efforts.
* Provides functional expertise in safety regarding hiring of safety department exempt employees.
* Ensures that all project training materials are up to date, that necessary supplies are available and that inventories are secured and kept up to date.
* Five (5)+ years of current experience in a related transportation industry.
* One-year accident/injury free driving experience.
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Possess excellent communication and decision-making skills.
* Possess leadership abilities.
* Excellent attendance record.
* Extended transportation experience.
* Experience teaching/instructing or public speaking experience.
* Computer experience.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.