This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
JOB TITLE: Safety Manager
JOB SUMMARY: EMCOR Government Services has an opening for an on-site Safety Manager at the JPL/NASA facility in Pasadena, CA. The project is approx. 3 million SF with more than 200 buildings on campus. Effectively develops and implements programs, practices, and procedures to reduce the frequency and severity of accidental loss in the areas of workers compensation, general/auto liability, and property; ensures JPL site compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, which are designed to protect the human, financial, and physical assets of the lab; creates a lab-wide safety culture through safety training, risk assessments, behavior modification programs and manages environmental compliance within department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develops and manages programs to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety-related regulations, in addition to environmental health, safety, and loss prevention standards and guidelines.
Directs safety auditor s duties and responsibilities.
Conducts investigations and evaluates risk management information to identify significant hazards and loss trends; identifies and recommends preventive measures and corrective actions
Prepare and support programs related to disaster response.
Manages asbestos, lead, confined space and Lock-Out-Tag-Out programs.
Monitors contractors Experience Modification and Total Recordable Incident Rates.
Ensure employees and contractors receive necessary training.
Manages training and hazardous waste programs for department.
Edit EMCOR OPP, Safety LOP and Quickr documents as needed.
Manages and records documents related to chemicals, SDS, refrigerants, etc., utilized by the department.
Performs regular physical inspections of grounds, buildings, equipment, and operations; identifies hazards and incidents of regulatory non-compliance, and recommends corrective measures.
Performs audits of maintenance records to assure compliance; provides direction on language required for PM s and work orders as needed.
Investigates mishaps, records and manages documents.
Reviews deliverables before passing onto customer.
Manages injuries related matters after-hours as needed. * Effectively applies our methodology and enforces standards.
* Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
* Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Facilitates team and customer meetings effectively.
* Keeps team well informed of changes within the organization.
* Liaison to JPL OSPO within areas of responsibility.
* Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
* Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
* Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
* Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal discussions.
* Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with staff.
* Develops relationships with customers.
* Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
Certified Safety Professional
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene or other physical or life science field AND three years industrial hygiene related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
Understanding of Cal-OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies
Knowledge of federal, state, and local loss prevention regulations
Verbal and written communication skills * Interpersonal/human relations skills
* Planning/organizational skills
* Ability to design, implement, and control a safety program
* Ability to conduct safety inspections of lab buildings and equipment
Valid driver s license
Must be willing to submit to a drug screen/background check
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled