This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
The Safety Manager will work with the BUSD, PX, PM and
Superintendents in adhering to company safety health,
and environmental policies. This function oversees,
leads, directs and enforces safety and works on
construction projects to identify, eliminate, and
control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and
or property damage using job specific safety standards,
best management practices, and Injury Free Environment
Techniques. The Safety Manager may have supervisory
responsibility for Assistant Safety Managers in his/her
area of responsibility (if applicable).
Reports to: Business Unit Safety Director of the local
* Oversees and makes decisions related to project
safety, health, and environmental policies.
* Make decisions related to work stoppage when
circumstances are related to an immediate danger to
life and health on a project.
* Recommend and implement corrective action based on
policies, guidelines and procedures.
* Investigate and resolve issues on behalf of Turner.
Communicate with project staff and subcontractors in
connection with resolving field safety issues.
* Provide leadership on the project and build working
relationships with project staff and each
Subcontractor Safety Representative to ensure proper
* Enforce safe work practices and safe working
conditions in accordance with all State, Federal,
Local regulations, and owner/contractual
* Supervise and provide guidance for development of
Assistant Project Safety Managers (if applicable).
* Educate and advise project staff on safety
guidelines and policies.
* Administer the drug screening program for project.
* Responsible for reducing Project Incident Rates by
meeting or exceeding established BU goals.
* Manage project safety budget (if applicable).
* Manage regulatory exposures to zero citations.
* Takes measures and implements the overall site
safety program as required and ensures subcontractor
compliance with Turner standards and all applicable
safety codes and regulations. Responsibilities
o Contribute to the development of the overall
project safety program.
o Conduct training and safety meetings.
o Create safety reports for the project, analyzing
metrics and making recommendations for improvement
o Review and make recommendations related to
subcontractor safety programs.
o Evaluate need for training and make
recommendations to subcontractors.
o Conduct safety audits, issue report of violations
and require immediate corrective action by
o Investigate and report claim information to BUSD
and local claims manager.