Safety Manager 8/26/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
Air Systems Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Air Systems Inc. is a TOTAL FACILITIES SOLUTION for HVAC, Architectural Sheet Metal, Preventive Maintenance & Service, Electrical, High Purity Process Piping, Plumbing, Building Automation Systems and Energy Solutions.
Job Title: Safety Manager
Job Summary: Plans, directs and implements organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment. This is a full time exempt position, not subject to over time and reports
to the CFO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration ( OHSA) rules and regulations.
* Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment and other materials
* Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
* Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
* Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
* Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
* Complies and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies
* Administers worker s compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier and Doctors to reduce employee lost time.
* Prepares and arranges safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conference, and exhibitions.
* Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
* Maintains all safety files and records
* Train and assists in writing Job Hazard Analysis for projects
* Perform and schedule training on equipment used on projects.
* Master s Degree ( M.A.) or equivalent, or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Trained in construction related safety
* Proficient on MS Office Suite
* Attention to Detail
* Excellent Organization
* Ability to problem solve
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Valid and clean driving record
AIR SYSTEMS, INC. STANDARDS OF SUCCESS
* Attitude of Safety First
* Work Ethic of loyalty, integrity, pride, perseverance, accountability, respect and teamwork
* Strong ambition to succeed
* Adheres to company policies and procedures
* Represents company in a positive and professional manner
* Available to work for extended hours in order to meet deadlines
* Handles oneself with professionalism during stressful situations
* Maintains positive attitude and morale
* Interacts effectively with all members of the organization and all outside associates
* Completes responsibilities diligently
* Thinks strategically and takes into account long-term implications of one s actions
* Works independently, exercises discretion, applies common sense and makes competent decisions.
* Complies with designated work schedule
* Uses company resources wisely
* Constantly analyzes for ways to improve individual and/or company performance.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled