This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Facility/Employee Safety and Product Safety/Product Liability
* Takes leadership role in implementation of worldwide safety best practices.
* Formulates, develops, and coordinates all safety and loss control functions of the organization affecting facilities and product safety.
* Designs and directs a program to reduce accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards through safety-training of all managers, planned inspections, and emergency preparedness.
* Directs the documentation, investigation and analysis of all incidents, injuries, illnesses and near misses to reduce risk to employees, mitigate legal exposure and ensure corrective action is taken.
* Develops and implements systems, policies and procedures that comply with all governmental regulations including local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and EPA rules.
* Manages the participation in OSHA inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures, and taking remedial actions.
* Oversees the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
* Works with HR, Legal, and Risk Management on settlement of workers compensation cases, including large loss settlements. Product Safety and Product Liability
* Oversee all aspects of risk management and controls involving product safety/product liability
* Assists in vendor vetting/on-boarding for private label and high risk branded products , including monitoring risk triage protocols
* Assists in establishing vendor and product review procedures, including reviewing compliance documents, factory inspections, business and vendor background questionnaires.
* Coordinates with General Counsel on emerging product liability issues
* Works to investigate and resolve reports of product safety incidents. (Works in parallel with Product Manager/Legal/Customer Service).
* Works with Legal in connection with managing product safety incidents under Consumer Product Safety Commission regulations, including investigation, reporting, and remedial actions/recalls, responding to CPSC requests for information, etc.
* Works with Property carrier on property site evaluations and recommendations and helps coordinate remediation/recommendations, where appropriate.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences or related field.
* 7+ years direct safety and health experience, claims management skills, knowledge of regulatory requirements, including OSHA, EPA and DOT.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively advise operations on the implementation of effective safety management systems for accident prevention.
* Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office.
* Ability to effectively multi-task, and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines.
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present recommendations to management.
WHO WE ARE
We are Systemax, parent company of Industrial Products Group including Global Industrial, C & H, Avenue, Nexel, PFI, Industrial Supplies and other affiliate companies. Our EMEA division includes Misco, Inmac wstore and others. With nearly a 70-year history of consistent success, including during times of economic downturns, we look to hire employees who are not only good at what they do, but truly enjoy their work. We offer a number of benefits and coverage for individuals and families, and we embrace the core essentials of strong communication in our workplace to maintain a clear assertion of corporate objectives.