This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 2/2/2017
Chugach Government Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONWho we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer, Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
The incumbent is responsible for the safety and health management of all site and subcontracted work activites to ensure all work is completed safely, the work environment is safe to all employees and unsafe situations are identified and corrected.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Develops and implements safety procedures and policies. Writes, updates and enforces the Safety Plans as needed.
* Performs and documents safety audits reporting findings to Project Manager.
* Investigates accidents and ensures any needed corrective actions are completed.
* Ensures project complies with all safety regulations stated in 29 CFR 1910 and 1926, as well as state and/or contractural standards to avoid fines, civil penalties or criminal prosecution.
* Coordinates with management, Human Resources and staff for workers compensation claims and actions. Develops activity hazard analysis (AHAs) to support restricted duty work assignments, claims management, and development of standard operating procedures.
* Performs safety surveys (e.g., noise surveys, air monitoring, time and motion studies, etc) to support personal protective equipment (PPE) policies.
* Develops, implements and maintains safety programs and documentation, including the following: medical surveillance, respiratory protection, confined space entry, hazardous energy (lockout/tagout), scaffolding, fall protection, ergonomics, personal protective equipment, hearing conservation, fire prevention, accident investigation and reporting hazard communication, electrical safety general procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of accident investigation and reporting principles and practices.
* Knowledge of Government contracting terminology and requirements.
* Knowledge of pertinent safety regulations and requirements necessary to perform the contractural obligations at this project location.
* Working knowledge of OSHA General Industry and/or Construction standards, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Department of Transportation (DOT) hazmat, and applicable environmental regulations.
* Intermediate skill in Microsoft programs, including but not limited to: Word, Power Point, Excel and Access or equivalent software programs.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to effectively interact with representatives from government agencies, contractors, suppliers, and corporate management.
* Ability to work with little or no supervision, be self-motivated and be flexible to changing priorities.
* Ability to interpret and implement complex regulatory standards into site operations.
* Ability to promote teamwork and cooperation across all levels to carry out regulatory compliance in accordance with contract requirements.
* Ability to conduct business in a professional and ethical manner and integrate well into the project team.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Ten (10) years satisfactory experience in preparing and enforcing a safety program with five (5) of the ten (10) years of experience in construction/demolition.
* 30-hour OSHA safety class or equivalent within the last five years.
* 40-hour Construction Hazard Awareness Course.
* Knowledge of Safety & Health Requirement (EM-385-1-1).
* Maintained 24 hours of safety training per year in the past five years.
* Possess a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
* Knowledge in recognizing and treating asbestos and lead based paint.
* Experience using personal computers office software, word processors and spreadsheets.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written forms.
* Ability to think clearly and decisively in emergency situations and lead others to perform under extreme conditions.
* Superior analytical ability and mature judgment.