Safety Sales Professional - Davenport/Cedar Rapids, IA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 1/15/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is hiring a Safety Sales Specialist based in either Davenport or Cedar Rapids, IA!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Safety Sales Specialist drives and supports the sale of safety products serving as a subject matter expert to both internal and external customers. The Sales Specialist is directly responsible for developing and executing regional company specific safety product marketing and sales growth plans through direct sales and collaboration with internal sales partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for increasing sales and profit margins by presenting the company's various safety products to new prospects and existing customers by both expl aining & demonstrating Airgas' products and services further emphasizing the benefits matched to customer need.
* Develops and implements customer specific training and marketing plans by studying the type of safety product/equipment and volume used by customers/prospects depending on industry or trade factor. Recommends products and services by evaluating sales results, competitive developments, and discussions with vendors.
* Acts as a resource for other Airgas sales professionals in developing and maintaining safety product sales within their customer base by providing product and industry training, making customer presentations and recommendations.
* Monitors competition by establishing a process for gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, market trends, etc.
* Keeps management informed by maintaining and submitting activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required.
* Utilizes all necessary sales and marketing literature to promote the Airgas initiative.
* Maintains and upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge through required training and self-directed research and learning.
* Other projects/duties as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional sales specific experience may be considered.
* 3 years of prior outside sales experience preferably within the industrial and safety sales field.
* Qualified Safety Sales Professional (QSPP) certification preferred.
* Demonstrated relationship management & consultative selling aptitude with the ability to problem-solve and devise solutions for the customer.
* Ability to target accounts and achieve results through an action plan.
* Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles both within Airgas and outside the organization.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of financial accounting terms and principals including margin, profit, cost, and rate of return.
* Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills to include the ability to multi-task and effectively manage projects in a diverse organization.
* Strong computer skill to include proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) as well as a working knowledge of SAP.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Self-motivated with effective organizational/time-management skills.
* Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
* Frequent regional travel (up to 60% of work time).
* Minimal overnight travel.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .