Safety Sales Professional 9/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Safety Specialist for Iowa!!
Based in Davenport or Cedar Rapids
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500 Company, is the largest national distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States and this region's largest manufacturer and supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases and related equipment and services. Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers.
Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
The Safety Sales Specialist drives and supports the sale of safety products serving as a subject matter expert to both internal and external customers . The Sales Specialist is directly responsible for developing and executing regional company specific safety product marketing and sales growth plans through direct sales and collaboration with internal sales partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for increasing sales and profit margins by presenting the company's various safety products to new prospects and existing customers by both explaining & demonstrating Airgas's products and services further emphasizing the benefits matched to customer need.
* Develops and implements customer specific training and marketing plans by studying the type of safety product/equipment and volume used by customers/prospects depending on industry or trade factor. Recommends products and services by evaluating sales results, competitive developments, and discussions with vendors.
* Acts as a resource for other Airgas sales professionals in developing and maintaining safety product sales within their customer base by providing product and industry training, making customer presentations and recommendations.
* Monitors competition by establishing a process for gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, market trends, etc.
* Keeps management informed by maintaining and submitting activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required.
* Utilizes all necessary sales and marketing literature to promote the Airgas initiative.
* Maintains and upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge through required training and self-directed research and learning.
* Other projects/duties as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional sales specific experience may be considered.
* 3 years of prior outside sales experience preferably within the industrial and safety sales field.
* Qualified Safety Sales Professional (QSSP) certification preferred.
* Demonstrated relationship management & consultative selling aptitude with the ability to problem-solve and devise solutions for the customer.
* Ability to target accounts and achieve results through an action plan.
* Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles both within Airgas and outside the organization.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of financial accounting terms and principals including margin, profit, cost, and rate of return.
* Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
* Execllent organizational and time management skills to include the ability to multi-task and effectively manage projects in a diverse organization.
* Strong computer skill to include proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) as well as a working knowledge of SAP.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Self-motivated with effective organizational/time-management skills.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. Stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing or reaching may also be required on a regular frequency.
* Employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Requires frequent use of a computer and telephone.
* Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time in an automobile.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving office/production machine parts.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Frequent regional travel (up to 60% of work time).
* Minimal overnight travel.
* Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
* Job requires visitation to various Airgas and customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility. Environment may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for an extended period of time or on a continual basis.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability .