Safety Sales Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Long Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Airgas USA, LLC is Now Hiring
Safety Sales Specialist in the Greater Los Angeles, CA Area
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Safety Sales Specialist!
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
Responsible for developing the safety sales business (sales and margin) while building stronger relationships with the customer . Develops and implements market strategy, pricing points and training programs which grow profitable sales for Airgas across all sales channels and market segments in a given territory.
Key Responsibilities include:
The Safety Sales Specialist will be responsible for managing and increasing sales of safety equipment within a specific territory.
* Actively pursues and acquires new and competitive accounts with an emphasis on obtaining product supply agreements
* Reviews regional sales goals and gross profit margins within the assigned territory and monitors effectiveness of sales and marketing efforts
* Develops marketing and sales plans to increase sales and profits of safety products in an assigned territory
* Supports customer needs by preparing quotes, sales contracts and processing orders
* Prepares and presents sales presentations to win safety products business in these accounts
* Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other customer specific information
* Works closely with local Branch managers to assist in promoting sales and customer management through retail store locations within assigned geographical area
* Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers
* Identifies and qualifies prospective customers within assigned area or territory and keeps direct manager informed of such information
* Interprets customer needs and makes appropriate recommendations to increase sales opportunities
* Researches and analyses market data in assigned area or territory to determine new customers, sales volume potential and pricing, and develop a strategy to meet sales targets
* Acts as a resource for other sales representatives in developing and maintaining safety product sales within their customer base by assisting them with customer sales calls and providing product and industry training, making appropriate recommendations and presentations.
Successful candidates will:
* High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred
* Minimum 5 years of related outside sales within the safety products industry while working for a manufacturer or distributor (or equivalent experience)
* Successful track record of outside sales including growth and meeting sales targets
* QSSP (Qualified Safety Sales Professional) preferred
* Knowledge of safety products and their applications in the market place
* Proven change management skills, including building sponsorship, communications, and stakeholder management
* Experience in Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) and Industrial Vending Programs a plus
* Requires a valid driver's license and personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by the company
* Strong Microsoft office skills (Windows, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Exercise strong communication skills both verbal and written
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability