This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
HITT Contracting Inc.
Falls Church, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION SAFETY SUPERINTENDENT
* Conduct Jobsite Safety Evaluation and Inspection to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and HITT safety rules and procedures.
* Report problem areas, trends, and recommendations to the Director of Safety.
* Record Safety Audits using the Predictive Solutions Safety net Application
* Assist in the preparation of Activity Hazards Analysis of project specific task when required
* Assist Superintendents as required to administer the Field Safety Orientation Program to ensure that all HITT field employees and subcontractors are in compliance.
* Assist the Director of Safety in the required training of HITT employees.
* Provide analysis and assistance in the planning and preparation for hazardous operations and other safety issues.
* Serve as the HITT Point of Contact for all scheduled and unscheduled governmental (OSHA) inspections. Accompany inspectors and document their activity, participate in opening and closing conferences, ensure prompt correction of all noted discrepancies, and follow through with the Director of Safety on formal and informal conferences and meetings.
* Correct any safety policy/procedure violation immediately.
* 5 years safety experience
* 2-5 years experience with a general contractor
* OSHA 30 certificate required
* CHST or other Safety related designation a plus
HITT Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis protected by law. The management of the company will act affirmatively to prevent discrimination in employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on the job training.