Safety Technician II - Safety & Business Continuity (Radiation Safety)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
UT Soutwestern University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor\'s degree in related field and no experience. Associate\'s degree in science related field and one (1) year experience as Safety Technician I or equivalent. Two (2) years military experience and specific job related training or other relevant previous employment experience may be substituted for associate\'s degree.
1. Helps ensures the safe use of hazardous materials through licensure, registration, and compliance with accepted environmental, health, and safety standards.
2. Performs safety inspections and tracks items for resolution .
3. Identifies potential safety hazards, documents identified conditions, and takes action to correct identified deficiencies.
4. Conducts or ensures testing, inspection, and maintenance of safety equipment and systems.
5. May perform periodic pick up, transportation, segregation, and processing of hazardous materials.
6. Maintains storage areas, equipment, and personal protective equipment related to hazardous materials.
7. Maintains required records and documentation.
8. Assists in preparing for and responding to emergencies including hazardous materials incidents. Participates in emergency drills including fire drills.
9. Individual may be on-call or emergency situations may require the individual to respond at times outside of set work schedule.
10. This position is designated as essential. Personnel in designated essential positions are expected to report to work as required in the event of an emergency to sustain institutional services or protect assets.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..