Safety & Training Supervisor
Excellent manufacturing opportunity offering a good work/life balance and solid compensation and benefits.
* Providing safety training and ensuring compliance to OSHA standards;
* Designing effective training programs to meet compliance requirements;
* Organizing and scheduling training sessions and on-site safety training for employees;
* Evaluating and ordering safety equipment and supplies;
* Providing current information on safety issues and working to effectively handle safety-related issues;
* Supervising the case files for worker's compensation case files;
* Maintaining training records and safety reports;
* Participating in meetings with safety committees to recommend corrective actions.
EDUCATION: 2-year degree or technical certificate in Safety Engineering, HR Administration or Business Management.
* 4+ years of related experience, with 2+ years of supervisory experience;
* Experience in a food processing environment;
* Knowledge of local, state and federal safety compliance and regulatory issues;
* Interpersonal, communication, training and presentation skills.
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Recruiting firm.