Safety and Compliance Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Ewa Beach, HI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Airgas USA, LLC is Now Hiring
Safety and Compliance Specialist
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers and growing sales with commercial and research labs, pharmaceutical companies, universities, and also manufacturing and aerospace companies?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Safety and Compliance Specialist!
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
Key Responsibilities include:
The Safety and Compliance Specialist ensures company compliance with occupational safety by performing regular safety audits, new hire safety orientation, training and inspections of machinery, equipment and general working conditions. The incumbent will assist in Company investigation(s) and follow-up(s) relative to vehicle and personal injury accidents, property damage, near miss incidents and customer incidents involving Airgas USA, LLC supplied products
* Ensuring all associates are in compliance with local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules.
* Routinely inspecting and/or tour Company facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, and recommends corrective or preventive measures where indicated; performs periodic internal safety audits and assures that the results of these reviews are made available to the Director of Safety.
* Performing periodic plant and store safety audits and FDA audits; prepares reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action.
* Assess and recommend controls to environmental aspects and impacts.
* Organize, file, and maintain large amounts of compliance related documentation and records.
* Responding to emergency situations as a HazMat Technician (a member of the AERO Team); must be certified or able to get a certification to wear Level A chemical suit and Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA).
Successful candidates will:
* Be committed to safety and team excellence
* Be personable, professional, responsive, knowledgeable and bring value to the Customer's business
* Have a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 3 years of related experience with environmental health and safety
* Be successful at building and maintaining strong customer service relationships
* Exercise strong communication skills both verbal and written
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Program, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability