Safety and Security Manager - Railroad Industry 9/3/2016
USA Recruiting Associates
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Salary Range Based on qualifications.
** Just heard from them and THIS IS WIDE OPEN AND URGENT. This is for a bid that has not been awarded yet but should be soon and they need the hire for the bid. We need a candidate with experience as a Safety Manager or Supervisor in a railroad operation and with FRA experience.
Search For: safety manager, safety supervisor, railroad, commuter, freight, FRA.
Position Title Safety and Security Manager - Railroad Industry - CT #3246
Location New Haven CT
For our growing operations and upcoming projects in Connecticut and the surrounding area, we are currently looking for a Safety and Security Manager.
In your role you will:
- Support each site in managing and ensuring Regulatory Compliance, while developing strategies and reports aimed at validating, maintaining and improving Regulatory Compliance;
- Oversee the administration, implementation, and enforcement of all Health, Safety andEnvironmental policies, procedures, and processes that have been distributed throughout the division;
- Implement and verify OHSAS 18001 and ISO14001 HSE Management Systems;
- Continually monitor Federal, State and Local regulations (Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), OSHA, PUC, EPA, TSA, etc) to ensure that we exceed all requirements;
- Establish audit procedures to ensure legal compliance with all these agencies as well as compliance with the operating regulations;
- Audit and participate in accident and injury investigations, facility inspections, and risk assessments;
- Support Site managers and HSE coordinators with programs, communications andprocesses in alignment with corporate HSE policy and practices;
- Support the growth of Services Business Unit as required and other duties as assigned;
- You will have the opportunity to play a key role in the identification, development andexecution of process improvement initiatives, including leading communications, providing training, skills assessment, development and implementation of work procedures andcorrective actions.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related.
- You possess a minimum of 8years of experience in this role;
- You possess combined experience in commuter rail, intercity and freight railroad operations;
- You possess a strong knowledge of the Federal Railroad Administration(FRA) rules andregulations;
- You have 5years of experience in a supervisory level role;
- You have a Lead Auditor training (ISO/OHSAS) or the equivalent;
- Your OSHAexperience is an asset.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS WE NEED NOTES ON WITH CANDIDATE SUBMITTAL:
1. BACHELOR\'S DEGREE IN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY OR RELATED.
2. 5+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS A SAFETY MANAGER OR SUPERVISOR IN A RAILROAD OPERATION.
3. EXPERIENCE IN COMMUTER RAIL, INTERCITY OR FREIGHT RAILROAD OPERATIONS.
4. STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF THE FEDERAL RAILROAD ADMINISTRATION(FRA) RULES AND REGULATIONS.
5. LEAD AUDITOR TRAINING (ISO/OHSAS) OR THE EQUIVALENT.
6. OSHA EXPERIENCE IS AN ASSET.
7. SALARY REQUIREMENT