Safety and Training Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMV Transportation is seeking a Safety Training Manager, who reports to the General Manager and the primary responsibility is to promote a safe, reliable and efficient operating environment.
Other Responsibilities Include:
* Responsible for all classroom operator training and ensures that all operators have met and remain current in all required areas as outlined in company policies and State/Federal laws.
* Documents all training and determines when an operator has successfully met all requirements.
* Ensures that all operators remain current in all licensing requirements.
* Responsible for the recruitment, interviewing and hiring new operators working closely with the GM.
* Processes all new-hire paperwork to include scheduling physicals, drug screens, criminal record checks and MVR review.
* The Safety Training Manager manages the Drug & Alcohol program at the division to include pre-employment screening, random testing, and testing for cause.
* Maintains accurate testing logs and all D & A files.
* Conducts accident and industrial injury investigation as required.
* Will manage all aspects of the Worker's Comp program at the division level including maintaining accurate records.
* Completes and maintains accident and/or injury reports when required.
* Conducts all post-accident retraining and documentation.
* In addition, they complete all retraining in a timely fashion following an accident or unfavorable Road Observation/Check Ride.
* Conduct Road Observations and Ride Checks, ensuring that all operators receive them per company and division policies.
* Records them in the training file and maintains separate files for Road Observations and Ride Checks.
* Prepares and conducts the monthly safety meetings and accurately records all in-service training.
* Maintains all training records in an \\"Inspection Ready\\" status at all times. Ensures the confidentiality of all records.
* Ensures that all drivers maintain the required safety equipment aboard their vehicles through training and random inspections.
* Will maintain the highest standards of excellence and professionalism in appearance and attitude.
* Serve as a professional role model for all BTW trainers and operators.
* Will manage the Drive Cam Program at the division, and will be responsible for counseling and delivering discipline to the employees as needed and maintain the records.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum two (2) years experience in a safety and/or management position.
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Possess excellent communication and decision-making skills.
* Possess strong leadership abilities.
* Must be well organized.
* Extended transportation experience.
* Experience in teaching/instructing or public speaking.
* Computer experience to include Microsoft programs, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Must be able to work in a team environment company wide.
* Strong Microsoft applications experience.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.