Safety professional 9/3/2016
Lake Charles, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Senior Safety Professional
The incumbent role is to promote and participate in plant initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe, healthy, work environment and regulatory compliance with safety programs. The role serves as the local subject matter expert in the regulatory compliance of safety programs for specific manufacturing units.
* Evaluate safety performance to drive continuous improvement
* Implement systems to improve performance and insure meeting or exceeding regulatory compliance
* Ensure safety needs are adequately addressed
* Conducts incident investigations and participates in RCA's as applicable
* Oversee and support employee involvement efforts through employee safety teams
* Ensure safety management systems are in place to accomplish strategic plans and goals
* Solicit feedback from employees to insure that their needs are addressed
* Communicate and work to facilitate standardized interpretation and implementation of safety systems
* Input into the development and delivery of local and divisional goals and key metrics
* Effectively and concisely report progress to management
Experience and Education
Successful candidates must have BS in Safety, coupled with a minimum of 5years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably a petrochemical or chemical facility.
Functional and Technical Skills
The incumbent must have a working understanding of OSHA, Regulatory Compliance; experience with inspections, hazard reviews, and safety analysis. In addition, the incumbent must have problem solving and strong communication skills and the ability to work independently or in team setting.