Sales Academy - Associate Account Executive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
Here at SAS we are working on BIG analytics involving BIG data. We re talking saving your bank accounts from being hacked BIG. Or enhancing the detection of life-threatening diseases BIG. These challenges involving big data mean one thing: HUGE opportunity for you!
The SAS Global Sales Academy is an 18-week sales training program that prepares participants for a career as a SAS Associate Account Executive. The program provides training in SAS' core technology, sales skills and methodology, product sales and positioning, business practices, and equips trainees with the necessary skills to succeed in the field.
Candidates hired for this position will participate in the training program at SAS' global headquarters in Cary, NC beginning January 2017. Upon completion of the sales training program, you will work as an Associate Account Executive in one of SAS' offices in the US responsible for identifying customer s business needs and articulating how SAS solutions can address those needs to prospective and current accounts.
As an Associate Account Executive, you will:
* Create and uncover sales opportunities in both new and existing customer accounts through well-planned demand generation efforts, including cold calling and other prospecting techniques to generate customer interest and provide a targeted value proposition.
* Research marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs and develop sales opportunities.
* Implement aspects of territory and account management and development including qualifying, forecasting, and pipeline management of sales opportunities within your account/territory.
* Close software sales and achieving assigned software revenue targets.
* Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university, preferably in Sales, Business, Management Information Systems, Marketing, or related field of study.
* Internship experience or academic projects in sales, marketing, or information systems.
* Candidates must be willing to relocate depending on business need.
* Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
* Valid passport
* Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to understand customer pain points and recommend SAS products/solutions that address those areas.
* Ability to discuss key industry issues at multiple levels within an organization.
* Skilled in presenting and demonstrating.
* Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
* 0-3 years work experience preferred.
* Entry level knowledge of [software] sales techniques.
* Public speaking experience such as presenting papers.
Data is more than just facts and figures. It can tell a story the past, the present and, potentially, the future of an organization, an industry or even a nation. But without a good storyteller to bring it to life, data is like an unwritten book. It s our job at SAS to be great storytellers. With our advanced analytics tools, we transform data into insights that tell the true story about an organization. We help people understand what s really working in their businesses, fix what isn t and discover new opportunities. For 40 years we ve been giving our customers the power to know and through constant innovation we ve remained the leader in analytics software and services.
Yes SAS makes great software, but it s our people who make the real difference. Our people look beyond facts and figures to deliver the insights our customers need. We want our people to truly love what they do so we ve worked hard to establish a culture that fosters creativity, collaboration and innovation. We re proud to be recognized by the Great Place to Work Institute where we are ranked No. 2 globally.
We value diversity in our workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. So if you are interested in joining us then we d love to hear from you. Check out our careers page for more information about life at SAS.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn