Sales Account Executive, 3PL Contract Logistics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is a third party logistics (3PL) company that provides value-added warehouse & distribution (VAWD), domestic transportation management (DTM) and asset-based transportation services to shippers in the _Automotive, Industrial, Aerospace, Technology and Healthcare_ industries. The client operates warehouse facilities across the US and in Canada. This 3PL specializes in complex services, such as manufacturing replenishment, quality inspection, light assembly, clean room operations, repair, refurbishment, spare parts distribution, inventory management, and transportation management. Its range of locations and logistics services provide the opportunity to sell integrated logistics services across several industries.
It is seeking to hire a Sales Account Executive in Dallas TX to focus on 3PL Contract Logistics Services. The SAE will be responsible for direct sales of value-added warehousing and transportation services in Texas and surrounding states. A qualified sales leader will have prior experience with selling logistics services. Knowledge of logistics to support manufacturing is ideal. This role will requiretravel in the area. Some overnight stays may be necessary. This role will be domiciled in TX, preferably in Dallas.
* Create and implement business development strategies to penetrate existing customer accounts with expanded services in 3PL VAWD (value-added warehousing & distribution), DTM (domestic transportation management) and DCC (dedicated contract carriage).
* Lead direct sales efforts to generate new business for 3PL services in key customer verticals, including _Automotive, Industrial, Aerospace, Technology and Healthcare_.
* Provide structure, establish metrics and directly manage the sales process, including lead generation and qualification, contact management, proposal development and RFP response, presentation and closing.
* Utilize systems to support sales management (CRM) and establish customer metrics for reporting.
* Develop and manage the sales pipeline required to meet the annual new business and client retention goals.
* Utilize a consultative sales approach to discover potential customer needs and develop 3PL solutions options.
* Create and present professional, effective, and profitable customer proposals.
* Utilize internal resources to develop pricing and RFP responses.
* Collaborate with internal and external resource teams to ensure service delivery and customer satisfaction.
* Anticipate industry trends, assess market opportunities, and craft annual business development plans.
* Pursue training and education to continuously improve your skills and knowledge.
JOB SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Must have minimum 3years of business development experience in the logistics industry.
* Strong candidates can demonstrate success in selling 3PL warehousing and/or packaging services to _Automotive, Industrial, Aerospace, Technology and Healthcare_ industries.
* Self-confident and organized with a demonstrated success in new business development is essential.
* Knowledge of 3PL warehousing and transportation management, industry trends, and competitive landscape.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills and expertise in consultative selling methods.
* Ability to independently manage a sales pipeline of prospects and multiple business development proposals.
* Motivation to achieve sales goals and gain commissions from new business.
* Ability to facilitate and motivate teams to produce innovative logistics solutions that meet customer needs within tight timeframes, and contribute to building a positive work environment.
* Strong computer skills with PC-based desktop applications, such as MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, email, and web-based meeting and presentation applications.
* Experience with CRM applications is helpful.
* Basic knowledge of supply chain execution systems, especially for transportation and warehouse management.
* A bachelor's degree in logistics, business, or a related field is preferred.
* Preferred office location is Dallas, TX, but not necessary. Live in the area.
* Travel is required. Overnight stays are anticipated.
_The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements._