Sales Account Executive- Southwest Territory
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Gerber Technology, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
For nearly half a century, Gerber Technology has been helping companies around the world develop, manufacture and take their products to market smarter, faster and more efficiently. Today, the company provides integrated software and hardware solutions to more than 78,000 customers in the aerospace, construction, furniture, fashion & apparel, transportation, technical textiles, packaging, wind energy and sign & graphics industries, including over 100 Fortune 500 companies in 130 countries.
We have an opportunity for an aggressive, experienced Sales Executive to help grow our business in the Southwest Region. The ideal candidate will have proven sales experience in Capital Equipment, and will successfully penetrate Fashion and Industrial segments of the soft goods industries with our Hardware, Software and Services solutions. We are seeking someone with fresh ideas, as well as a solid track record of success selling solutions within the apparel, automotive, furniture, and technical textile markets.
* Develops calling and selling strategies for assigned opportunities.
* Ability to seek out and land new customer opportunities
* Researches prospective accounts, evaluates customer needs, and satisfies customer requirements by developing configuration and proposals, product presentations, and the generation of sales orders.
* Works closely with marketing to develop promotional communications.
* Works closely with Application Engineering in meetings with customer's technical personnel to help in answering complex product questions.
* Evaluates and summarizes monthly activity reports for management, identifying successful sales activities, sales trends, special account information or issues and any follow-up action required.
* Keeps abreast of products, applications, market conditions, competitive activities and promotional trends by reading pertinent literature and consulting with technical personnel.
* Represents the company at trade association meetings and major selling events.
* Includes accounts in the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas and New Mexico; as well as, the area fifty (50) miles inside of Mexico along the borders of Texas and New Mexico.
* This position requires proven ability to develop strong business relationships; must have a solid track record of exceeding sales goals and experience managing the sales cycle from initial analysis through customer follow-up.
* At least 7 years of sales experience in a related industry.
* Background in textiles, apparel or industrial fabrics industries highly desired
* Proven experience selling hardware and software solutions; CAD, CAM, PDM or PLM software sales highly desired.
* Excellent presentation skills are required for success.
* Must be skilled in the MS Office Suite and have previous experience successfully leveraging CRM tools.
* Qualified candidate will possess a Bachelors degree.
* Position will require travel up to 50% of the time.
Gerber Technology, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, gender, age, veterans status, disability, or sexual orientation.