Sales- Account Manager- Salt Lake City, UT
SALES - ACCOUNT MANAGER - SALT LAKE CITY, UT 194401
Posted On: 09/06/2016 (All day)
For our team at Hilti in Salt Lake City, UT we are looking for a
Consistently recognized by Selling Power Magazine as a top company to sell for and by Fortune as a Best Workplace for Millennials in 2015, Hilti is a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of quality, innovative, and specialized tool and fastening systems for professional users in a variety of construction trades. At Hilti you will find a culture where over 80% of our management team has been promoted from within and our average employee tenure exceeds 9.6 years. Join Hilti to begin your long term career with a global leader in a fast paced and exciting industry.
Hilti North America Account Managers are the direct link between Hilti and the customer. Your time at Hilti begins with two months of hands on training which will set you up for success by learning the foundation of Hilti s culture, products and services. The Account Manager role offers full autonomy to create and own your daily schedule as you meet with our customers face to face. In these interactions you will consultatively sell to the customer s application and needs while demonstrating our products, tools and services.
Vehicle/ Driver s License Requirements:
Company vehicle provided for carrying tools/fasteners for product demonstration purposes. Must have valid US driver s license and comply with HNA Fleet Safety Policy requirements.
Combination of home office, meetings, driving company vehicle to make sales calls at customer s office and making jobsite visits will be expected. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, and may include climbing scaffolding, ladders & stairs during all seasons of the year. Construction jobsites may also expose Account Managers to excessively loud noises. Ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites.
Safety Equipment Required:
Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots and long pants required for working jobsites. Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti, OSHA & General Contractors.
Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb scaffolding and able to lift and carry as much as 65 pounds.
* Execute face-to-face sales to grow a loyal customer base within a designated geographical area while strengthening the company s position or market share within the territory
* Develop, analyze, and manage business plans related to the customer database to effectively maintain and grow sales
* Identify the key roles on a jobsite project and understand their responsibilities and needs; obtain appointments with entry level decision makers at construction/ industrial companies
* Analyze and identify which customers to target, what criteria to use to select customers, and create business plans to identify customer potential and where product gaps exist in a customer s current purchasing habits
* Use consultative selling and product demonstration to effectively meet customer s needs
* Bachelor s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
* At least 2 years prior experience in outside sales preferred
* Clear career progression with no more than 2 companies in the last 5 years
* Demonstrated ability to develop loyal customer relationships and effectively implement strategic concepts
* Excellent time and territory management skills
* Must be persuasive, sales driven, customer focused, and a team player
* Previous experience preparing professional sales presentations and quotes for customers preferred
* Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite and smartphones
* Mechanical aptitude and familiarity with the construction industry is a plus
* Career advancement may require domestic and/or global mobility
We look forward to receiving your application.