Sales Agent 9/18/2016
National General Insurance Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
All agents will report to the team Sales Manager. Agents are focused on selling, selling and more selling and on reaching daily, weekly and monthly sales quotas. Calls are routed by lead source, and, with our closely monitored sales system, your manager can identify the types of leads that you're most successful with. Again, this allows you to focus your attention on areas where you can be the most impactful and fruitful.
Through consultative insurance sales, agents work with clients to identify their insurance needs, assisting in the navigation of life insurance carrier direct sites, selling the insurance products that best fit within their economic and health situations. Once the agent has confirmed all policies the client is purchasing, the agent will either complete the application with the client or a customer service representative takes over completion of all applications and payment processing on behalf of the agent.
Primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
* Practice sound industry and business ethics
* Learn product features, marketing and sales techniques necessary to perform duties and achieve company goals
* Handling outbound call campaigns and inbound transfers to assist with enrollment, retention and service of life insurance business
* Selling life insurance products to new and existing clients
* Assess client needs and goals, and recommend appropriate products
* Following internal process and procedures to ensure that transactions are handled in accordance with company and agency policies, practices and guidelines
* Meet production goals as established (minimum of 10 life insurance sales a week) while maintaining quality standards
Provide excellent customer service with a positive attitude
The ideal candidate for this position brings an enthusiasm for providing the best customer service experience whether it's to an internal or external customer. All employees must be able to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and be able to tolerate ambiguity as we continue to grow and develop. Our employees are flexible, relish a challenge and look forward to conquering daily tasks.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
* Preference given for current life & health licenses and/or experience.
* Intermediate computer skills are required including familiarity with windows-based programs such as Microsoft productivity tools (e.g., Excel, Word, and Outlook) Strong Outlook capabilities and internet browsing, and navigating simultaneously in a multiple window environment
* Ability to navigate multiple screens at once
* Highly competent at multi-tasking
* Must have high attention to detail
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Able to overcome objections
* Must meet department KPI's and be coachable; accept constructive assessments
* Willing to take feedback and implement it immediately
* Thrives in a fast paced, ever changing environment
* Has an outgoing, upbeat, and positive attitude
* Dedicated to providing excellent customer service
* Must be a team player
* Highly motivated and goal driven
Additional Requirements - Must be able to:
* Sit and work on a computer for long period of time
* Bring a professional demeanor to work daily
* Work in an open environment
* May be required to alternate schedule; working evenings and weekends to accommodate schedule needs.
* Successfully pass a background check required for carrier appointments.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.