This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com .
SALES ANALYST - ALKERMES INC.
This position will support the commercial group for a new product launch and existing products by providing analytical and operational support to the brand team and the field sales team. The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, detail-oriented, analytical individual with a strong focus on customer service and ability to adapt quickly to changing demands. Prior experience with IMS data is preferred.
* Designing and implementing analyses that provide insights related to sales force sizing for a new product; sales trends, performance, and opportunities for Alkermes products and competitors in target and non-target accounts; high decile and new to brand prescribers; top payers; and the distribution by channel
* Understanding different data processing elements related to field demand sales and activity metrics
* Designing and delivering weekly, monthly, and quarterly market trend and sales performance reports and dashboards
* Ensuring accuracy of analytics and data reporting through implementing quality control processes
* Completing special projects and ad hoc analytic requests made by commercial management, including preparation and presentation of analyses
* Answering field force and internal customer questions on data, reports, and analyses
* Communicating actionable insights and findings to all levels of commercial team
* Establishing rapport and working relationships with key business stakeholders
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree required; Major in Business Management, Operations, Marketing or related subject is preferred
* Minimum 1-2 years experience working with commercial data in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry. Proficiency with industry data sources like IMS/Symphony Health Solutions, Specialty Pharmacies, and Managed Care etc. is preferred. Familiarity with IMS portal is preferred
* Experience required working with large datasets and using relational databases. Previous experience with SQL programming preferred
* Exceptional computer skills including fluency with Excel and PowerPoint. Tableau experience is a plus
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED
* Strong quantitative abilities and problem solving skills
* Highly analytical, always looking for new ways to examine data
* Strong attention to detail and process follow-through
* Able to work both independently and cross-functionally
* Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, including ability to synthesize information for senior management
* Ability to meet critical deadlines and multi-task
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.