Application Engineer Centrifugal Chillers 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Application Engineer Centrifugal Chillers Position Summary: Provide technical expertise on industry leading magnetic bearing and oiled centrifugal chiller products to sales representatives in the selection and application of business unit products to fulfill specific field requirements. Provide strategies on how to position the product to effectively compete in the marketplace. Interact with customers to effectively demonstrate value of company product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provide prompt, accurate support to sales representative inquiries regarding special applications, systems or pricing.
* Processes requests for modifications or options and other general information not covered by published pricing.
* Keeps informed on new products and competitive models in the market place.
* Communicates suggested modifications to the company's products/services to meet customer requirements. Communicates and provides feedback to product management for product services requirements not met by current product line
* May write or provide input to assist in preparing technical literature for internal and field application.
* Participates in product training of sales representatives and customers.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in Engineering or a related technical degree;
* Five plus years related experience and/or training
* Competitor experience in commercial HVAC industry experience
* Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
* Math ability -- ability to calculate figures or amounts and basic concepts of algebra and geometry
* Prior experience as an Application Engineer or related role
* Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated example of taking initiative with a solid work ethic
* Exceptional communication skills, well developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled